As a new mother, there are many questions and concerns whirling through your mind as you care for your brand-new baby or prepare to welcome your newborn to the world. As a mom of three, I know firsthand how important it is to have a strong support system around you as you welcome your new baby (regardless if it is your 1st or 3rd baby). A newborn care specialist is a wonderful option (also a great gift idea) as they will be there to support your new baby and the family through those sweet but often most difficult first few weeks of your baby’s life.
The following are the top three explanations given by Trisha Pfeiffer, CEO of Nanny Joynt, on why you should hire a newborn care specialist.
1. Education & Support
Bringing a new baby into the world is often one of the most special exciting, overwhelming, happy, and stressful times of a person’s life. Having a newborn care specialist by your side from the day you bring your baby home from the hospital is one of the best gifts you can give yourself as a new parent.
- Hiring a newborn care specialist can help make the transition into parenthood a beautiful and peaceful time for your family.
- A Newborn Care Specialist will be there to offer support and guidance in those first few months. They can assist with troubleshooting any potential issues or concerns and offer guidance or referrals to professionals who can help resolve any issues.
- A newborn care specialist will be there to offer support to a new mother as she navigates breastfeeding or formula feeding and will be very knowledgeable in assessing any feeding complications or issues that may arise.
- She can help educate mom on pumping, take care of storing pumped milk, and clean and sanitize pump parts. If you’re formula feeding, she will follow the parent’s preferences about preparing bottles, feeding the baby, and sterilizing.
2. Comprehensive Care
- The comfort of having an educated and experienced Newborn Care Specialist on hand to teach and guide new parents through all aspects of their baby’s care is invaluable.
- A newborn care specialist will be there to take care of all baby care needs including but not limited to bathing, diapering, feeding, bottle cleaning, laundry, circumcision care, bottle preparation, and cleaning, creating a sleep schedule and plan, creating a daily log to track sleep, eating, diapers, and so much more!
- Are you planning on being a super hands-on parent?? No problem a newborn care specialist can help educate you and support you as you handle the responsibilities to care for your new baby.
Sleep deprivation can be one of the most challenging parts of having a newborn. It’s normal for parents to experience exhaustion, but it’s also important to take care of yourself so your body can heal and you can recharge. A well-rested parent is going to be able to give the best care to their baby.
- One of the greatest gifts you can give yourself as a new parent and your new baby is the gift of sleep!
- A newborn care specialist typically comes in during nighttime hours and takes full charge of the baby so you can get a full night of sleep.
- An NCS will feed your baby during the nighttime hours or if the mom is breastfeeding she will bring the baby to the mom and once the feeding is done she will soothe and settle the baby back to sleep allowing the mom to continue to rest.
- An NCS is also highly trained and skilled at teaching your baby healthy sleep habits and gentle self-soothing techniques from night one. Setting a foundation for healthy sleep from the beginning is a gift that will last a lifetime for you and your new baby!
The next few months are going to be full of love, joy, and tons of new experiences with your newborn baby. And that’s why it’s so important that you have someone there to help you through this exciting time in your life.
We are proud to offer work with the best newborn care specialist in the country. Our agency is well-established with one of the top newborn care specialist training companies in the world called Newborn Care Solutions. The newborn care specialists we work with are highly trained, experienced, and take a gentle parent lead approach to newborn care. They are there to support you and your new baby in any way possible.
We work with parents who need assistance with their newborns and want to make sure they get the most out of their new lives as parents. We can put you in touch with a skilled specialist who can offer you the assistance you require as you adjust to motherhood.
To connect with one of our incredible newborn care specialists please complete our NCS inquiry form here at The Nanny Joynt!