New Part Time Position in Paradise Valley with a Wonderful Family
Cross Streets: E Lincoln Dr and N 46th St
Start Date: ASAP
Ref Code: TNJPT424
The Nanny Joynt is happy to share with you this wonderful new part time position with a really amazing family! Their son is 4 years old and is joyful, funny, and very imaginative. He loves numbers and counting, adding and is curious about the world around him. He gets very immersed in daily activities and needs help transitioning to what’s next.
He is the joy in the hearts of his family and is their greatest teacher. He also loves pretend play, baking, building tents/forts, counting, painting, going to the children’s and musical instrument museums. This family is seeking a nanny who is full of energy, active and wants to play and be creative at planning new and fun activities with their son.
They are expecting their new baby girl to arrive in October and would require a nanny who is also experienced in caring for a newborn and postpartum mom. You should be supportive and caring while also respecting professional boundaries.
Nannies, this family is seeking a wonderful new nanny who is very reliable and on time, you will need to pick their son up each day from preschool.
You should be consistent, and experienced with caring for young children, while also being proactive and love your role as a nanny. This family prefers that their children not be exposed to screens and wants their nanny to be skilled at managing play and creating activities. Ideally they are seeking a career nanny who values her place in their home and is always thinking one step ahead, while being intuitive, and taking initiative.
You should enjoy being FUN, and very engaging when you are with their children! You should also be organized, responsible, self-driven, a team player and happy to jump in and help out where needed. Mom will be home and really needs an extra set of hands to help her with day to day tasks. They want their nanny to feel comfortable taking care of their children and feel like an extension of their family.
This position is offering $28 to $32 per hour DOE with guaranteed hours, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick time.
The ideal schedule for this position will be: Guaranteed 25 hours per week
- Monday through Thursday 1:00pm until 6:00pm
- 3-5 hours on Saturdays once or twice per month
- Family would like one date night per week, typically on Thursdays which will make Thursday a longer 6 to 8 hour day. They will not be doing dates nights for a few months while mom recovers from her delivery.
- Summertime: Open to hours changing during the summer. Summer schedule can be created together.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Full comprehensive care of children – meals, snacks, cleaning up, playtime
- Picking up from school each day, running errands
- Coming up with and planning things to do during the day
- Keeping play areas organized and cleaned up at the end of the day
- Being active and engaging: crafts, sports, play, swimming
- Outings and activities, museum, zoo, parks
- Maintaining the child’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
- Educational activities and making sure he is meeting his developmental milestones
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up after self and children
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher, dishes
- Wiping down countertops, high chair, stroller
- Sweeping floors as needed
- Help with family laundry – washing, drying, folding and putting away family clothing
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Keeping home tidy and organized, organizational projects
- Meal prep, a few times each week
- Light housekeeping, keeping living and children’s area clean
- Family has a weekly housekeeper for deep cleaning
- Family hosts friends and family for gatherings. Help with basic prep and clean up.
- Quality family time
- Kindness and respect for others
- Education and learning new things
- Being active and social
- Healthy eating, making good choices for self and child
- Energetic, reliable, active and nurturing
- Someone who will be active on a daily basis
- Experienced with children, engaging, proactive, consistent, intuitive
- Ability to take initiative and create activities
- Maintaining health and safety at all times
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication, hard worker
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on
- Driving son to and from school and activities. Family will provide car seat
- COVID-19: This family does not require the Covid Vaccine
- Length of Commitment: Minimum of 1 year. Family is hoping for a long term fit as their family grows
- Occasional overnights/travel as needed if nanny is available. Overnights at their home on occasion.
- Pets: Sweet shy dog named Wilma, she is calm and easy going. Some pet care will be needed. On occasion, when the family travels, you should be open to pet sitting. Staying overnight and doing 1-2 drop ins for potty breaks during the day.
Nannies, this is an amazing position for a candidate who is looking for a wonderful family to work with. They are a very loving and relaxed family, while at the same time they do expect a lot from their support staff and with that they give in return. They want a communicative, supportive and helpful relationship with their new nanny. They want to make the working relationship productive and fun for everyone.
This family has a long history and family roots in Phoenix, but has been living on the East Coast for years. They moved here from NYC and still have a wonderfully close relationship with their previous nanny and her partner. Their previous nanny came out for the Thanksgiving holiday for a week! When they bring people into their family it’s forever – no matter where they go next! They share their resources in abundance, care for and want to help those in their “family circle.” They always give a year end bonus!!!
- Please send an email to Andrea, our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJPT424.