Confident, Caring, Nanny Needed for Part Time Position in Chandler
Cross Streets: Alma School and Queen Creek
Start Date: ASAP
Ref Code: TNJPT237
The Nanny Joynt is so happy to be working with this wonderful family in Chandler. Nannies this is an amazing position for a candidate who has special needs experience or someone who is interested in nursing, PT, OT, speech and/or special education. This position requires someone who is willing to obtain their Respite Care Certification or already has it. The family will pay for this as it is a requirement for this position. The certification process takes about 10 hours of online training and their nanny will be paid hourly for this training. Both parents work from home in their own office spaces. Their happy and lovable son is 4 years old, he has epilepsy and has seizures about once or twice a month. Seizure training will be provided should the nanny want to learn more about this to be more comfortable in the event he has a seizure while you are working. He is non-verbal, but he has a communication device to use. He is such an easy going guy that would love someone to play with him and help him increase the skills he is working on. He can crawl and cruise, but cannot walk yet. He also has a gait trainer and medical stroller to help with transportation. Please be able to lift 40 pounds as you do sometimes have to pick him up. This position is mainly caring for their son, however, he also has a big sister who is in the home sometimes as the family shares custody with her Dad. She is 8 years old and is very smart, helpful, funny, responsible and really good with her little brother. She loves to be included in caring for him and is such a big help. She loves to draw, do crafts, swim and do experiments. She does have cystic fibrosis and therefore very susceptible so a nanny who is using extreme caution surrounding COVID is very important. Their new nanny should be confident in themselves able to take initiative but also open to communication and making sure you and the parents are always on the same page. They would love a nanny who is really engaging with their son, communicates well with the parents, someone who truly wants to be part of the family. You should be open to feedback, but also confident to do things on your own, someone who loves to spend time with their children, enjoys being silly, singing, and has their children’s best interest in mind.
This position is offering $22 – $25 per hour with guaranteed hours, vacation time, paid sick time and paid holidays.
Training offered with this position will include:
- Respite care certification – you will get paid to get the certification, about 10 hours of online training.
- Article 9
- Fingerprint clearance card
- Online training – Seizure training
The schedule for this position will be: (25 – 30 hours)
- Monday 10:30 to 4:30, Thursday 10:30 to 4:30, Friday 10:30 to 4:30. Flexible to arrive earlier on Friday or stay later if needed.
Additional hours available Sat and/or Sun, flexible on times.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- All comprehensive child care – meals, snacks
- Therapies as needed
- Engaging with their son, helping him develop emerging skills
- Changing diapers
- Providing attention to daughter when she is home
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up after self and children, keeping kitchen areas clean
- Load/ unload the dishwasher
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Making sure all child areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Children’s laundry, towels, linens, etc. Assistance with family laundry as time permits
- Meal preparation for the family as time permits
- Organizational tasks
- Grocery shopping, running errands if time allows
- The family also has a housekeeper that will assist with these responsibilities.
- Health related care and focus
- Friendly, loving, respectful, considerate, honest
- Invested in their children and their development
- Emphasis on education, learning and development
- Experiencing new things, new foods, etc.
- living life to its fullest
- Limited screen time
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced, engaging, highly proactive and timely
- Ability to take initiative and be confident in your skills
- Maintaining health and safety in the home
- Ability to think quickly and anticipate needs
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, reliable, patient
- Willingness to obtain Respite Certification and other needed training
- No cell phone use while caring for children
- Pets – Small indoor elderly Chihuahua
- Length of commitment – One year to start, ideally long term
- COVID-19: This family requires a nanny who is being cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would be ideal. They need someone who is being extremely cautious, limiting their social circle, and taking all necessary precautions being that they have children who are susceptible to extreme cases of COVID.
Nannies, this is an amazing family who truly desires to make their new nanny part of their family! They are loving, funny, focused on family time and really want someone in their home who cares about their children and their development. A nanny who is very reliable, honest, engaging and just all around pleasant to be around would be their ideal partner! If you are excited about making a difference in the lives of people around you then this job is exactly what you are looking for!!!
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJPT237.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com