Awesome New Part-Time Position Available with Two Great Children
Cross-Streets: 40th Street and Deer Valley
Start Date: Jan 2021
Term: One Year to Start
Ref Code: TNJPT230
The Nanny Joynt is so thrilled to be working with this wonderful family and their two young children. This family is seeking a part time nanny to join their family and help out with the day to day care of their family! Their 5 year old son is very active, loving and sweet and like most 5 year old boys he loves legos, building things, and all things that go fast! Their sweet 2 year old daughter is very affectionate and would love to be held all day if you let her. She really loves dolls and dressing up. This family is taking precautions and mitigating COVID risks. They are both physicians and have taken very drastic steps (both at work and at home) to limit the risk of transmission to their families. They have similarly high expectations of their nanny (including strict social distancing while covid numbers are high). This is a very important point to them, so please when applying for this position be sure you are also taking precautions and are willing to adapt to strict social distancing while working with this family. Their ideal candidate should be very reliable, compassionate with the kids, a good communicator, someone willing to follow their parenting style, very engaging, and interactive. You should be attentive, willing to come up with different activities and be creative with the children. A candidate who is intuitive, proactive, positive, and high energy would be great for this position! Nannies being reliable and on time is very important for this family as they are both busy physicians and it is very hard to rework their schedules. They are so excited to start their search for a new nanny!
This position is offering $22-$23 per hour with guaranteed hours, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time.
The schedule for this position will be:
Thursdays and Fridays 7:45am – 5:30/6:00pm
- 20 hours per week guaranteed
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Full care of the children – meals, snacks, cleaning up
- Accommodating nap schedules
- Overseeing online Kindergarten until schools go back in person, encourage homework completion.
- Helping the children learn new things and coming up with educational activities
- Playing/reading, teaching new skills and going for walks, planning educational activities to do at home, arts and crafts, etc.
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
- Driving to activities if needed
- Parks, outings, activities once COVID and weather permitting
Encourage physical play daily (outside when able).
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up after self and children – Encourage/require children to clean up the playroom each evening.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Children’s laundry folding and putting away
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Keeping home tidy and organized
- Washing high chairs, children’s items etc.
- Making sure all areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Organizational tasks
Clean up & organize school papers each day. Clear dining room table where school completed.
Clean kitchen and counters each day
- Respect, kindness, compassion, positive energy, integrity, honesty, hard-working
- No drama Discipline- Very gentle and communicative approach to parenting
- Energetic, proactive, self-motivated
- Invested in their children and their development and education
- Emphasis on learning and teaching new things
- Positive redirection, consistency
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and on time
- Energetic, responsible, active and nurturing
- Experienced with children, engaging, proactive, consistent
- Ability to take initiative and create activities
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication, hard worker, initiative,
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, team player
- Enjoyment of children; love of learning
- COVID-19: This family requires a nanny who is being extremely cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would is required.
- Length of Commitment: 12 months to start, could be longer
- Pets: No pets in the home
Nannies, this is a wonderful family with very sweet and loving children. They practice gentle parenting and would love a nanny with similar philosophies. They live in a great neighborhood and are excited to welcome their new nanny into their family!
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJPT230.