Part-Time Nanny/Household Assistant in Paradise Valley
Cross Streets: 56th and Lincoln
Start Date: ASAP
Ref Code: TNJPT113
The Nanny Joynt is excited to share a wonderful part time nanny/household assistant position available with one sweet little girl! This position will ideally turn into a full-time role in Dec/Jan 2021. This involved and loving family is seeking a wonderful nanny to join their family to help care for their happy and content toddler. Their daughter is 2.5 years old and is constantly on the move and loves to engage with her caretaker. She is such a joy to be around, so curious about the world around her and it’s so rewarding to be able to teach her about all of the world’s wonders. She truly is a joy! They are seeking a great long term fit with someone who can stay with their family for years to come. They will offer job stability and really want their new nanny to be someone that wants to be a part of their family. Their little one is not taking naps anymore but sleeps really well at night. Someone who can keep up with her energy is a MUST! Mom is working from home and will be available as needed. Their ideal nanny is a true go-getter! Someone who has excellent communication skills, can take direction but also has a lot of initiative and is very proactive. Someone who likes to lists and getting things done. Their ideal nanny will be amazing with toddlers and really enjoy their profession as a nanny. Their new nanny should be loving and kind, experienced, caring, highly engaging, very active, happy, fun, smart, full of energy, and creative. They want their nanny to actively engage with their daughter each day, and most importantly provide a safe and loving environment for her to learn and thrive in.
This position is offering $18 – $20 per hour with guaranteed hours and paid holidays and a year end bonus! The family will also offer mileage or the use of a family car for outings.
The schedule for this position will be:
- 30 – 35 hours per week Monday, Tuesday or Thursday, and Friday 8:00/9:00am until 6:00pm. August through December/January – family does have some flexibility.
- At the beginning of the year the job will transition to M-F 9am – 5pm (flexibility is key as there are still a lot of moving parts right now)
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Preparing meals and snacks
- Helping her reach developmental milestones, educational activities daily
- Playing/reading, singing, teaching new skills and going for walks, planning activities to do at home, arts and crafts, etc.
- Planning outings when things open up – Family has memberships to the zoo and aquarium.
- Child’s laundry/linens, folding, putting away, changing bed sheets as needed
- Maintaining the child’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
- Pick up and Drop off from preschool (School attendance is still TBD based on Covid-19)
Household Related Responsibilities:
- General tidy of common areas
- Cleaning up after self and child
- Cleaning and maintenance of child’s items, chairs, car seats, stroller etc.
- Load/ unload the dishwasher, wiping surfaces after meals
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Making sure all child areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Organizational tasks as needed
- Meal planning and preparation
- Family laundry
- Occasional errands/grocery shopping
- Misc. tasks such as wrapping gifts etc.
- Very loving, respectful, considerate, honest
- Fair and open to suggestions
- Invested in their child and her development
- Go with the flow personalities
- Emphasis on learning and teaching new things
- Positive redirection as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced, engaging, proactive, very active and energetic
- Ability to take initiative and help where needed
- Maintaining health and safety in the home is of utmost priority
- Ability to think quickly and anticipate needs
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication
- Professional, committed, loving, hands-on, reliable, open to feedback
- No cell phone use while caring for their daughter
- Pets – 3 Labrador dogs in the home currently, one dog belongs to the grandparents. All of the dogs are very friendly so a pet lover is needed for this position!
- Some pet care – Giving water, food if needed, throwing a ball occasionally
- Length of commitment – Ideally long term for years to come
- COVID-19: This family requires a nanny who is being cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would be ideal.
- Although mom works from home most of the time her work does involve working hospitals however not with patients. She takes all precautions and is very diligent about safety and sanitation. Dad works in a small office outside of the home.
Nannies, this family is FUN and has a very loving household. They are looking for someone that can provide the same love and care for their daughter long term! They are flexible and very transparent and can’t wait to find their new nanny!
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJPT113.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com