An Amazing New Full-Time Household Manager/Nanny Position
Cross-Streets: Recker and Elliot (Gilbert)
Start Date: ASAP
Ref Code: TNJFT485
Nannies: Please be sure you read the ENTIRE position description before applying. You will be required to submit a strong cover letter in order to apply for this position. Please send the cover letter in an email to me with any questions you might have regarding this position. They are located in Gilbert and there are several pets in the house, dogs and cats. You must be a self-starter and be very organized and reliable.
The Nanny Joynt is excited to present a unique opportunity for a compassionate and detail-oriented Household Manager and Personal Assistant. This position involves supporting a family with two vibrant and active children, each with their own specific needs and interests. The ideal candidate will possess organizational skills, adaptability, and a proactive approach to managing household responsibilities.
Their daughter is almost 12 years old and is high energy, has intense moods, is hyperverbal, intelligent, intuitive, warm, and inviting but also has high anxiety which translates into verbal aggression. She has been diagnosed with autism, ADHD, and anxiety. She loves art, music, cheer, social media, makeup, animals, swimming, and fashion. Once you get to know her you will make a wonderful connection with her. Their son is 10 years old and is very friendly, kind, gentle, inquisitive, explorative, a little stubborn, cooperative, and empathetic. He has been diagnosed with ADHD and learning disabilities. He really enjoys video games, virtual reality, social media, biking, scootering, swimming, hiking, and boxing. He is also homeschooled and his mom will be taking care of most of this aspect.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate seeking a career household manager/nanny role with a very busy family. This role will require a candidate who is very proactive, and intuitive and can help them manage their daily lives around their children and home! Their new household manager should be highly organized and able to help with an organizational plan for their entire family. You should be able to manage household staff and help their housekeeper become more productive. Being supportive and helping mom as much as possible is required. They really need a nanny who is very intuitive and can really read the room—someone who knows what needs to be done and will put forth the effort to complete those tasks. Keeping things on a schedule and making sure things are getting done as needed. A nanny who is firm sets boundaries, and is emotionally intelligent. The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-starter, who is reliable and will take this position seriously. Their household manager needs to be comfortable working as a team, Mom will be in and out while you are working each day. They would love to find an active, reliable household manager who has experience in this role. You should have great ideas for keeping this organized and be a great communicator who can and will suggest new ideas. You would also help with making meals, and snacks, running errands, feeding the pets, and making sure you are assisting with all daily tasks in the household. This is going to be a fantastic long-term position with a wonderful and grateful family! This role will develop and change as you progress with this family.
This position is offering $30+ per hour DOE with guaranteed hours, paid time off, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a possible health care stipend!
The schedule for this position will be: 40 hours guaranteed
- Monday through Friday 9:00am until 5:00pm
- Flexibility to stay later or come early will be needed
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Being engaged and focused on the care and well-being of the children
- Preparing meals and snacks for children each day
- Pick up and drop off from school and activities daily as needed
- Creating fun activities for them to do each day, keeping them active
- Swimming with the children
- Helping to maintain backpacks and lunch boxes as needed
- Helping with homework, projects, and school-related tasks
- Updating the family calendar and helping with keeping it up to date
- Organizational projects, creating processes to keep things organized
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
- Cleaning up after self and family
- Load/unload the dishwasher, wash any dishes as needed
- Scheduling and managing appointments for the family and pets
- Coordinating with and managing the household staff, including the housekeeper
- Managing the principal’s emails and calendar
- Handling phone calls and inquiries with professionalism and efficiency
- Conducting internet research and managing various administrative tasks
- Assisting with pet care, including vet visits, grooming, and daily activities
- Assisting with cooking and meal planning
- Planning and organizing events and coordinating travel arrangements
- Family laundry, wash, dry, fold, put away
- Scheduling maintenance work for the home if needed and following through with contractor appointments
- Additional tasks as needed in order to help out
- General ability to see what needs to be done and complete those tasks
- Friendly, loving, respectful, considerate, honest
- Invested in their children and family
- Quality family time
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills and time management skills so you can keep the house organized
- Ability to work independently without oversight or management at times
- Previous experience in household management or personal assistant roles
- Familiarity with pet care and management
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Comfort with occasional travel and flexibility with working hours
- Knowledge of special needs care and an understanding of high-energy children
- Proficiency in communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Pets – This family does have 5 small dogs and 2 cats in the house. Pet care will be needed so you must be pet friendly.
- Travel and overnights will be requested at times and their nanny will need to be open and flexible with this.
- Length of commitment – 1 year to start, long term
- COVID-19: This family does NOT require the Covid Vaccine
Nannies this family’s daughters’ special needs are pretty high and each day can be different. They can plan for specific activities or events however, they will always be tentative. Their daughter has severe insomnia, so many nights Mom does not get sleep. She will need help with household management, managing the housekeeper, and helping with appointments for the pets and the kids. The primary child care will be taken care of by Mom. She mostly needs help with everything else going on in life. There will be a lot of phone calls, making appointments, doing returns, managing incoming packages, helping the housekeeper be more efficient, and managing vendors and maintenance. She has managed many household employees and has maintained good relationships with all of them. She values her employees and will always make sure their working environment is comfortable and will provide anything they need to get their work done. She really does need and expects a self-starter who can work without much management.
- Please send an email to Andrea, our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJFT485.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com