An Amazing New Full Time Position Available in Scottsdale
Cross Streets: 66th St and Camelback
Start Date: October 2021 (option to start in August)
Ref Code: TNJFT290
The Nanny Joynt is so happy to be partnering with this wonderful returning family seeking someone that will really invest in their family long term! This family currently has two amazing daughters who are 11 and 7 who are with them 50% of the time. Both girls are very active and in school full time. Their new nanny will be focusing most of their time on their sweet newborn baby boy who will be born in October! The family is ideally seeking someone who is very experienced with infants, flexible, easy-going and someone who can also help with homework and engage with the older children. Ideally, their nanny will be organized, have strong initiative to make sure the children and home are taken care of and be happy to help out when needed. Their new nanny should also be intuitive, a self starter, someone really warm and engaging. Reliability is also very important. Both parents are very involved and really care about the people in their lives, they want their nanny to feel welcome and happy! Mom has been working full time at home because of Covid, however, her company is talking about returning to the office in September. If her company decides this they would need more flexibility in hours to accommodate mom’s work schedule. For clarification of the role of the nanny and need for flexibility in job functions is because this is mom’s first child and she doesn’t know yet what this role will involve. She believes that she will be very hands on and involved in the care of the baby so she will need more support with household activities, carpooling and managing the older girls activities. They would love to find a wonderful nanny who will actively engage with the children each day, foster their growth and most importantly provide a safe and loving environment for them to learn and thrive in.
This position is offering $20 – $25 per hour with guaranteed hours, vacation time, paid sick days and paid holidays.
The schedule for this position will be:
- Monday through Friday – 7:00am until 4:00pm
- Flexibility is needed for this position
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive childcare, mainly for their new baby
- Preparing meals and snacks, diapering, potty training, facilitating a healthy sleep/nap schedule.
- Helping the children reach developmental milestones, homework help for the older children
- Playing/reading, singing, teaching new skills and going for walks, planning educational activities to do at home, arts and crafts, etc.
- Some help with pick up of the older children from school
- Children’s laundry/linens, folding, putting away, changing bed/crib sheets
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up after self and children
- Cleaning and maintenance of children’s items, high chairs, car seats, etc.
- Load/ unload the dishwasher
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Making sure all child areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Organizational projects (helping the girls organize their room, finding old clothes to donate, etc)
- Friendly, loving, respectful, considerate, honest
- Invested in their children and education
- Safety-conscious, this family does have a pool
- Emphasis on education and learning
- Positive redirection as needed
- Limited screen time
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with infants, engaging, highly proactive and timely
- Ability to take initiative
- Able to work as a team
- Maintaining health and safety in the home is of utmost priority
- Ability to think quickly and anticipate needs
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Focus on education and learning
- Honesty and open communication
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, reliable
- Pets – 3 dogs – Westie, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and Bernese Mountain Dog, feeding and giving them water as needed. Taking care of the dogs (brushing, feeding, picking up after them.)
- Travel – Infrequent, 7-10 days at most, not required but may be an option in the future
- Length of commitment – One year to start, ideally 3 to 4 years
- COVID-19: This family will require their nanny to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19. You should also be being cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would be ideal.
Nannies, this is an amazing family that is so much fun! They really want a wonderful nanny to join their team so they can maximize time with each of their children. Flexibility is important, they think the job and needs will develop over time, so they do want someone who is comfortable with that. They genuinely care about the people in their lives and will make sure you have the best working environment possible! So if you are looking for an amazing long term position with a family who has your best interest at heart, this is the job for you!!!
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJFT290.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org