Amazing New Nanny/Household Manager Position Available
Cross Streets: 42nd Street and Lincoln
Start Date: ASAP
Term: 1+ year to start ideally long term
Ref Code: TNJFT259
The Nanny Joynt is absolutely thrilled to be working with this amazing family of 6 who is seeking their “Unicorn” Nanny/household manager! They are seeking a nanny who is very loving, experienced, someone who does not need much direction during the day and is very intuitive. You should be very self-driven, fun, reliable, energetic, and positive about life. They need a true multitasker, who is able to keep up with 4 busy children while also helping to maintain the home! You will be keeping the kids busy while also making sure the home is in order, tidy, and organized. Their oldest daughter is 7 years old and is in school full time. She has a heart of gold and loves gymnastics, softball, and arts and crafts. Their oldest son is 5 years old and in pre-k. He is very affectionate and will just melt into your arms! He enjoys swimming, playing with his Legos, and science projects. Their 2-year-old daughter is just the sweetest! She is adventurous and loves to play with her dolls and Barbies. Their youngest son is 8 months old and so adorable. He is active, cuddly, and such a smiley little guy! The two younger children are the home full time each day while the older two attend school. Mom is a stay-at-home mom who really wants to find a nanny who will become part of their family. Someone who can help her maintain the home, schedule, and extracurricular activities each day. Mom is hands-on, however, she will be in and out during the day, running errands, attending appointments etc. She is not a “helicopter mom” by any means and truly wants a nanny who is confident to do her thing whether mom is there or not. She wants their new nanny to have full autonomy when working with the children, however, she is always available to answer questions or lend a hand where needed. Dad will sometimes be home working in his home office but will work outside of the home most days. This family is currently living in a great neighborhood in a condo, however, they will be moving in about 6 months to their new home which is currently being built. Their new home will have a pool, playground, tennis, and basketball court in the backyard, which will be a great space for daily activities for all of the children. Your day-to-day activities will change depending on the schedule. Sometimes you will be driving the older children to and from school, or perhaps you will be at home with the younger children. Each day will be fun and exciting! This family is truly looking for a career nanny who can really help them manage their home and family!
This position is offering $25 per hour with room for growth as well as guaranteed hours, vacation time, paid sick time, paid holidays, and a healthcare stipend!
The schedule for this position will be:
- Monday 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Tuesday 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Thursday 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Friday – Flexible – 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Occasional weekends, however, not required
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- All comprehensive child care for the children, breakfast, packing/making lunches, snacks, dinner. Maintaining organization of backpacks.
- Drop off and pick up of older children at school as needed. The family will provide a vehicle.
- Cleaning up and maintaining all child-related areas
- Arts and crafts (family will have a dedicated art room!!), learning activities, playing, taking walks, independent playtime
- Helping children meet their developmental milestones.
- Help with school projects and homework
- Singing, dancing, imaginative play, and engaging with children each day
- Planning educational activities, teaching new things
Household Related Responsibilities while children nap or when time allows:
- Cleaning up after self and children
- Unpacking backpacks and lunchboxes
- Kitchen, cleaning high chairs, floors, counters
- Load and unload the dishwasher
- Organizational projects as needed, keeping children’s clothing organized and up to date/size
- Cleaning toys, playroom, art room
- Vacuum and mop areas where children eat and play as needed
- Simple meal prep, the family uses a subscription service
- Engage children to help with household chores
- Light laundry, Putting laundry put away, the family has laundry service for the bulk of their laundry
- Keep bathrooms and closets organized and neat
- Keep track of inventory products as needed for both home and children
- Making sure things are stocked, pantry, fridge, etc.
- Taking the initiative to be a second set of hands around the home
- Honesty is very important to this family as a whole
- Compassionate, loving, respectful, considerate, loyal
- Catholic, Christian Values
- Treating others how you wish to be treated
- Strong work ethic, initiative, positivity about life, and having FUN!
- Tidy and organized
- Hard-working, proactive, self-motivated, high energy
- Invested in their children and their development and education
- Taking away priveleges, redirection
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with multiple children and a pro multitasker
- Active, positive, fun, attentive, and able to take initiative to get things done
- Engaging, proactive, consistent
- Maintaining health and safety at all times
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, nurturing, team player
- Enjoyment of children, passionate about your career as a nanny, positive energy
- COVID-19: This family requires a nanny who is being cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would be ideal.
- Length of Commitment: One year to start. Would love their nanny to be with them for a very long time 2+ years!
- Pets: Scout who is a small poodle mix. He is VERY laid back and quiet. Loves to cuddle and take it easy. Some pet care needed during the day, giving him water, food, letting him in and out.
Nannies, this is super fun and loving family. You will fall in love with their children and there is so much love in their family and home. They have an amazing home for their nanny to work in with their children. They have a huge backyard with a tennis court, playground, pool, basketball court, art room fully stocked with all kinds of craft materials, a large upstairs playroom, a fully stocked fridge, and pantry, and a very comfortable home environment to be a part of. We can’t say enough about what an amazing opportunity this is! If you think you are their “Unicorn” nanny please apply now!
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJFT259.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com