Full Time Short Term Nanny/Educator Needed In Scottsdale
Cross Streets: Scottsdale Road and Thunderbird Road
Start Date: August 17, 2020 through October 2, 2020 or possibly longer
Ref Code: TNJFT228
The Nanny Joynt is excited to be working with this wonderful family! They have two school aged daughters who are both very sweet and passionate. Their oldest daughter is 7 years old and in 2nd grade grade. She is slightly introverted, independent, creative, conversational, curious, and loves to learn new things. She enjoys art, swimming, gymnastics, card games, riding bikes, and playing outside! Their youngest daughter is 5 years old and in Kindergarten. She loves swimming, playing with her older sister, being outdoors, and reading books. She is active, opinionated, imaginative, and loves to play. The ideal nanny for this position will be able to manage the children’s online school day and educational activities. Currently the family is seeking a short term nanny until October 2, 2020 or longer depending on whether/when the children go back to in-person school. Both girls are enrolled in Archway North Phoenix. They each have a daily school schedule (Kindergarten: 8am – 1pm; 2nd grade: 8am – 2pm). A typical day would involve hands-on help with their youngest daughter to participate in zoom classes and complete assignments as well as oversight of their oldest daughter, who is largely self-sufficient in her online schooling. Their ideal nanny/educator will help keep the girls motivated for online/remote schooling (e.g., by making schooling and activities/homework fun and engaging). School management will include helping the children keep up with assignments, supervising video lessons with their teachers and peers, facilitate learning, and follow their interests. The ideal candidate will keep the children engaged and happy, develop activities that assist in bringing the material to life/facilitate active, child-led learning and engagement, and incorporate extracurricular activities such as physical education, art, and/or music. They are seeking someone with experience and patience for helping socialize their 5-year old while adapting to online kindergarten. Mom is currently working at home in her home office and will be around during the hours their nanny is working. She is also open to going to her office out of the home if that makes it easier for the girls to focus on their school work.
This position is offering $25 per hour with guaranteed hours
The schedule for this position will be:
- Monday through Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Full care of the girls during the day and managing their education, cleaning up after them and yourself daily.
- Helping the children stay on task with online learning while attempting to make it more fun and engaging
- Making snacks, prepping meals
- Playing/reading, teaching new skills and going for walks, planning educational activities to do at home, arts and crafts, etc.
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up after self and children
- Dishes used during the day/load/unload dishwasher if time permits
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Making sure all child areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Organizational tasks
- Easy meal prep for the children
- Friendly, loving, respectful, considerate, honest
- Invested in their children and their development and education
- Emphasis on learning and teaching new things
- Positive redirection as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Teaching background would be ideal but not required, experienced, engaging, proactive
- Ability to take initiative and create educational activities
- Firm but loving approach
- Maintaining health and safety at all times
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, reliable, timely
- Enjoyment of children; love of learning
- Careful attention to health guidelines both within and outside of their home.
- Preferred: Teaching experience
- COVID-19: This family requires a nanny who is being cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would be ideal.
- Length of Commitment: August thru October 2, 2020 or longer depending on the girls going back to school full time.
- Pets: No Pets in the home
Nannies, this is a loving family with two curious, thoughtful and fun-loving children. Their daughters play well together and enjoy similar activities. This would be a great job for someone who is looking for a consistent weekly schedule with regular hours related to online schooling.
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJFT228.