Full Time Short Term Nanny Needed for Two School Age Girls in Phoenix
Cross Streets: Lincoln and 22nd Street
Start Date: August 11, 2020 through October 2, 2020 or possibly longer
Ref Code: TNJFT217
The Nanny Joynt is excited to be working with this wonderful family! They have two school age daughters who are both very sweet and active. Their oldest daughter is 8 years old and going into 3rd grade. She is focused, diligent, organized and independent. Their youngest daughter is 6 years old and going into 1st grade. She loves to sing, dance, and act out scenes from books. She is very funny and likes to make people laugh. Both girls enjoy swimming, baking, roller skating and being active. The ideal nanny for this position will be able to manage the children’s online school day and educational activities. Currently the family is seeking a short term nanny until October 2, 2020 or longer depending on whether/when the children go back to in-person school. School management will include helping the children check their email and keep up with assignments, supervising video lessons with their teachers and peers, facilitate learning, and follow their interests. The ideal candidate will keep the children engaged and happy, develop activities that assist in bringing the material to life / facilitate active, child-led learning and engagement, and incorporate extracurricular activities such as physical education, meditation/deep breathing/yoga, art, and/or music. This family is concerned with their children’s social and emotional development and facilitating a love of learning is more important than grades or benchmarks. They are confident that they will have no problem keeping up with their schoolwork and want someone creative who can help make it fun! They need someone who has the time, energy, and ability to take online learning provided by the school and make it an enriching experience. They view elementary education as a way for children to learn about the world, grow into their self-confidence, and to develop a lifelong love of learning. This is more important to them than tests or outcomes. Both parents are currently working at home due to COVID.
This position is offering $22 – $25 per hour with guaranteed hours, paid holidays, paid time off if, in fact, this position will be long term. The family is willing to offer other benefits as they know more about the length of this position.
The schedule for this position will be:
- Monday through Friday 7:30am – 3:00pm, plus flexible time for educational preparation
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Full care of the girls during the day
- Managing their education
- Cleaning up yourself and encouraging the children to do so daily.
- Helping the children learn new things and coming up with enriching educational activities
- Making snacks, prepping meals
- Playing/reading, teaching new skills and going for walks, planning educational activities to do at home, arts and crafts, etc.
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring all items are stocked and organized
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Taking out the trash/recycling as needed
- Making sure all child areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Organizational tasks
- Easy meal prep for the children
- Friendly, loving, respectful, considerate, honest
- Invested in their children and their development and education
- Emphasis on learning and teaching new things
- Positive redirection as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English HIGHLY preferred
- A teaching background is ideal but not required
- Experienced with children, engaging, proactive
- Ability to take initiative and create educational activities
- Maintaining health and safety at all times
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, reliable, timely
- Enjoyment of children; love of learning
- Mask/face covering and careful attention to health guidelines both within and outside of the home.
- COVID-19: This family requires a nanny who is being cautious and following the CDC guidelines in efforts to minimize risk and exposure to the virus. Someone who is practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public would be ideal.
- Length of Commitment: August thru October 2, 2020 or longer depending on the girls going back to school full time.
- This family does have a pool and would love their nanny to be able to take the girls swimming for some physical activity during the week! Both girls are great swimmers!
- Pets: One calm indoor dog
Nannies, both of these girls and this family are wonderful! The girls are intelligent, well behaved, and aim to please. They do well with structure and love learning; the right person will be able to have a lot of fun with their schooling. They love reading and listening to books on audible; right now, they are into Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Greek Myths. They love to play with their stuffed animals and with legos, and to engage in imaginary play. This family is very supportive. They prioritize respectful communication, compassion, empathy, and building on their strengths!
- Please send an email to Andrea our Placement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJFT217.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com