With Halloween only a week away some of you may be wondering what you are going to do with all of that CANDY… Here are 5 ideas on what to do with the mounds of Halloween Candy that will soon be in your house.
1. Use it as a learning tool – Candies are a great way to teach children to count, sort, color recognition, addition and subtraction, and much more! Use candies such as skittles, M&M, starburst, jellybeans or candy corn and engage your child in some candy counting fun!
2. Send it to a soldier overseas – Organizations such as www.operationshoebox.com sends candy to soldiers overseas! What a great and easy way to support our troops! You can have your children write a note to a soldier to thank them and send it with your candy donation.
3. Use it in the Kitchen – Freeze it! Frozen snickers, Butterfingers, Whoppers, Milky Way, and many more can be added to a milkshake, cookie dough, or brownie mix to make an extra tasty treat! You can also add it to your coffee to make a delicious mocha drink!
4. Make it a “healthy” snack –For a fun alternative to ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins) fill the celery with cream cheese and top with peanut butter M&M’s! Yum!
5. Use it on a gingerbread house – The holidays are just around the corner. Put the candy in a secret hiding place and save some money come December when it is time to decorate those beautiful ginger bread houses!