Active and engaging Nanny/Household Manager
Cross Streets: 56th and Cactus
Start Date: As soon as possible
Ref Code: TNJPT190 ON HOLD
The Nanny Joynt is very excited to partner with an incredibly kind and loving Dad seeking an active, fun, creative, driven and energetic individual who will partner with him in caring for his active boys and home. This is a hard working Dad who shares custody with the children’s Mother. The boys are 10, 8 and 6. They are all active in sports and love playing Nerf, enjoy being around animals and nature and need someone who can help transport them to activities. They also enjoy technology and video games. They would love to find a wonderful nanny/household manager who has a great personality, sense of humor, loves to have fun and someone who is into sports would be a bonus (not required)! A nanny who is confident, intuitive and proactive is ideal for this position. Someone who is able to connect with the boys, help them with school work, engage with them each day and genuinely loves the boys and their energy. This family is very friendly, respectful, considerate and will appreciate the help of an amazing nanny/household manager!
This position is offering $21 – $22 per hour with paid sick days, paid holidays, use of family car and guaranteed hours!!!
The schedule for this position will be: (boys are with dad every other week. Nanny will come on the off weeks for household management)
Week 1: (boys with Dad)
- Monday – 2:45pm – 6/6:30pm
- Tuesday – 6am – 6/6:30pm – Getting kids off to school and taking care of household responsibilities
- Wednesday – 2:45pm – 6/6:30pm
- Thursday – 10/11am – 6/6:30pm
- Friday – 2:45pm – 6/6:30pm
- This schedule does have some flexibility depending on the nanny they hire. YOU can set your schedule for the household management responsibilities.
Week 2: (Boys with Mom)
- Nanny can come in two longer days or split her schedule up for shorter days throughout the week. Complete flexibility as long as the job is getting done.
The Schedule will average out to be about 25 hours per week with week 1 being 32 hours and week 2 being about 20 hours.
We want to make it very clear there is a good deal of flexibility with the schedule listed above as it is most important that they find the right person for their family. They may be open to adding hours if needed. If this job looks like a good fit and you have a scheduling request please let us know!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Childcare Related Responsibilities:
- Picking up boys from school
- Making snacks, meals, meal prep, packing lunches
- Helping the boys with homework, projects, etc.
- Playing with them, sports, activities, planning fun things to do with them, keeping them active
- During the summer looking up and planning things for them to do, camps, activities, outings
- Maintaining the children’s areas and ensuring things stocked and organized
Household Related Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up after self and children, having boys help out
- Load/ unload dishwasher
- Family laundry and linens
- Taking out the trash
- Making sure all areas are organized/tidy as needed
- Meal prep, grocery store, making lists
- Managing/scheduling house vendors, travel plans, car maintenance
- Family have a housekeeper for deep cleaning
- Friendly, respectful, considerate and appreciative of their nanny
- Active, Sports family
- Positive redirection as needed, taking away privileges/electronics
- Awesome engaged Dad with great boys!
- Ability to think quickly and anticipate needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and proactive
- Experienced, cheerful, calm, nurturing, flexible, reliable, engaging and active with the boys
- Great sense of humor – Lot’s of jokes going around at this house 🙂
- Love experiencing and teaching new things
- Honesty and open communication
- Pets – Family has one 12 year old German Shepard who is very sweet
- Length of commitment – One year to start, long term. Would love to find someone who becomes family who is a postive source of consistency for the boys.
Nannies! This is a loving, fun, energetic family where you will have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships and positively influence these amazing young boys. Dad is a great communicator and very flexible with work schedule (very understanding of their nannies life, events and work/life balance). Great fit for someone with a passion for fun and athletics. They open to new ideas to improve their lives or make their home run smoother! This truly is a DREAM job and we cannot wait to help them find their DREAM nanny/household manager!
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJPT190.