Overnight Career Nanny Needed for Fun Little Boy
Cross-Streets: Mountain View & 87th Street
Start Date: End of January 2023
Term: Very Long Term
Ref Code: TNJFT435
The Nanny Joynt is very happy to be working with this wonderful family! Their son is 9 years old and is in the third grade. He is well-adjusted, interactive, and just much fun to spend time with each day. He is very sweet, thoughtful, and sensitive. He is a bit introverted at first but is extremely articulate and funny once he opens up. He loves spending time with his friends and playing video games. He has had a nanny for many years and would love a new nanny who will play with him and also be a great role model. You should be engaging, and creative and really enjoy spending quality time with him! You should also be able to help with homework, tutoring, and school projects as needed. He does have tutors that he works with weekly so there will be driving to and from activities as well. He is such a sweet and kind child with a huge heart! The ideal candidate for this position is someone with excellent experience caring for school-age children. Candidates must be confident, dedicated, and very reliable. Ideally, the person for this position will have a bright and positive disposition, enjoy their career as a nanny and working with children, be extremely organized and enjoy travel! Mom owns her own business and is very busy. She travels a lot and this position will require overnights every week. You will have your own bedroom and ensuite bathroom. They are seeking a nanny who will be with their family very long term!
This position is offering $28 – $30 per hour with guaranteed hours, paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick time. Health, vision, and dental are also available!
The schedule for this position will be:
- 40 hours guaranteed each week
- The nanny will arrive Monday morning at 7:30am. Spend the day on household tasks, errands, etc. Pick him up from school at 3:00pm, and stay overnight Monday and Tuesday nights.
- Mom gets home Wednesday evening.
- Thursday hours are flexible, but family does need someone is also available on Thursdays
- You will be paid hourly for all hours the child is awake and an $80 overnight fee for each night you stay over.
- Occasional weekends and evenings for date nights would be appreciated.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- All comprehensive childcare, meals, snacks, activities
- Typical day-to-day taking to and picking up from school
- Homework help, projects, tutoring
- Playing games, and sports, being active, and creating fun activities
- Playdates (nanny needs to be comfortable with other children)
- Outings/birthday parties, social activities, etc.
- Being outside, driving to and from activities as needed
- Organizational projects around the home pertaining to the child
- Teaching manners, respect, and setting healthy boundaries
- Cleaning up after self and child
- Child’s laundry
- Light housekeeping
- Keeping all child areas cleaned and organized
- Meal planning and prep for child – healthy meals
- Keeping the kitchen clean and organized
- Child closet/room organization
- Organizational projects
- Running errands, groceries, Target, Costco, etc.
- Pet care – Walking, feeding, and watering dogs
- Helping out with all daily tasks in order to keep the home running smoothly
- The family does have a housekeeper who comes weekly to do complete deep cleaning
- Trust, being confident
- Quality family time
- Good values, role model
- Kindness, being active
- Treat everyone well, making good choices
- Family requires a high level of privacy and professionalism
- Limited phone use, no social media posting during working hours
- Experienced, reliable, flexible, on time, active, attentive, responsible
- Engaging, proactive, consistent
- Strong swimmer, the family does have a pool
- Ability to take the initiative and create activities
- Maintaining health and safety at all times
- Professional, loyal, loving, hands-on, nurturing
- Enjoyment of children; love of learning
- Overnights are required for this position
- COVID-19: This family does NOT require their nanny to be vaccinated for Covid 19
- Length of Commitment: Ideally very long term.
- Overnights, evenings, and weekends will be needed
- Pets: A male Bichon Frise and a female Coton de Tulear. They are indoor dogs but need walks, fed, and given water. Nanny MUST be comfortable with dogs!
Nannies, this is a very professional and busy family who is amazing to work with. It is just Mom and her son and they are extremely close and loving. They love to laugh and have fun! They are very kind and considerate and love people. They have lots of friends and enjoy being social. They are hard workers and Mom has realized that she can’t do it all. She needs someone kind, trustworthy and fun-loving who knows when to take things seriously! She really wants to find a long-term career nanny who will become part of their family! If you have dreamed of working with a family who will value your place in their home then apply NOW!!!
- Please send an email to Andrea, our Placement Coordinator at email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be great for this amazing position. Please reference Job Code TNJFT435.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org